Saturday, August 4, 2018

TRQ

People often ask how TRQ is doing and I always say YOU CANNOT KEEP A BOOT-WEARING, BUTT-KICKING WYOMING GIRL DOWN.  Because you can't.

But things have been hard, of course, and the last month has been particularly difficult for her, which is probably why I feel like her grandmother--the former game warden of Sublette County, the terrorizer of men and animals who stood in her way, the doubter of my father's worthiness to marry her granddaughter because he didn't know how to fish, the woman for whom TRQ was named--has been whispering in my ear lately.  Here's what she says:  Look after my granddaughter right now unless you want THIS boot-wearing, butt-kicking Wyoming girl to tan your little hide when I see you again on the other side.

OK, Grandma Pat.  Message received.

2 comments:

Donna Tagliaferri said...

Hey Ann....I read all your blogs...am I your favorite?

I seriously love your life, your words and the fact football is almost here...

Jim said...

Both the TRQ and her grandmother are lucky o have you. The TRQ for her, and Her Grandmother from a far. You may need to get some boots, however. May I suggest some Lucchese's.