Thursday, October 5, 2017

Today

. . . is my grandmother's birthday, so I'm wearing her amethyst ring--the one my granddad and TRQ (i.e. the Young Nine-Year-Old Jewelry Queen) bought her one Christmas--to celebrate her life.

Yesterday at work Margaret asked me if I ever hear my dad's voice.  And I said no.  But I do feel my grandmother's presence at unexpected times.  Once, right before Christmas, I felt like she was sitting next to me as I wrote.  I was surprised because the feeling was so visceral and also why?  What was she doing there?

That Christmas my son and his wife revealed that they were having a baby.  My first grandchild.

My grandma and I.  Grandmothers together.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have been off the internet for so long and when I returned, today, I read this. It made me cry and smile and laugh and it's lovely. Really lovely.

Jim said...

Beautiful.