Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Riding Shotgun

I've been surprised by how much I've been missing the Coach the past few months.  In some ways the second year has been harder than the first.  By the time you hit the second year, you better understand all the ways there are to miss someone you love.

Anyway.

Yesterday, I listened to a Johnny Cash CD (Yes!  I know.  I still listen to "CDs."  And my third son just called to ask if I know how to download an "app" or if I need TRQ to help me with that) as I drove around town, running errands.  As soon as I returned home I wanted to call the Coach and tell him how much I'd enjoyed listening to the Man in Black, but yeah.  I couldn't.

It did occur to me, though, that my dad might have been riding shotgun with me all along.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

It’s no secret that I hate grief and spend a lot of my time dealing with it in some way. What a nice thought, picturing your dad riding shotgun. They must be with us more than we even know, right? XO

Anonymous said...

I’m so glad I found your blog Ann! You have been the means of my social media entertainment the past few weeks. :) I have related with a lot of things you’ve written about on so many levels and have thoroughly enjoyed reading your thoughts. Thank you!! ♥️ -Alyssa