Saturday, April 10, 2010

What I don't require from my bank tellers

Chatty-ness.

I had to take the deposit from the store to the bank yesterday and the whole time she was counting out the cash, my teller (v. cute young girl) kept asking me questions such as what I wanted to do this weekend. I could barely answer, so frozen with fear was I that she'd miscount the money.

I know these young people today can multi-task like crazy. But as an old person who can't use her TV remote unless a teenage son is present to do it for her, I would find it comforting if tellers just counted my money instead of connecting as a human being with me.

On the food front, I have decided that my husband and I are going to have a Hamburger Club. Every Friday night, we're gonna try a new place. And I'm gonna make up special little membership cards and invent a secret Hamburger Club Language and buy us some special de-coder rings. We ate at Smash Burger last night. I liked the special fries a lot.

11 comments:

Lisa B. said...

have you eaten at Acme Burger? Possibly a little expensive. But the shoestring fries are EPIC.

Amy said...

I want to be in your club...consider me one week behind.

LucindaF said...

For a second I was thinking, dang girl, how much money are you depositing to worry about that?

Then for sad, I realized you were talking about the store. Guess I didn't catch that the first time.

I realized last night that much of the burger depends on the bun. I have to say I was much pleased with the "potato bread" type bun.


p.s. Techno-challenged does not equal old.

Annika said...

I love smashburger so much. It's one of the few burger places I ever actually want to go as opposed to being along for the ride.

Amy Jo said...

I love it! A Hamburger Club. Splendid idea. :) I'm sure my boys would love that, but only if we ate at McDonald's EVERY Friday night. I don't think I'm up for that.

Donna Tagliaferri said...

Doesn't a hamburger club sound festive? It sounds happy and inclusive, because no one can be left out of a hamburger club.....

Louise Plummer said...

That 's a club I could join. I'm not sure I've met a hamburger I didn't like.

Greg and Jayne said...

There is a place called Tonyburger in Centerville that we have wondered about. Field trips?

LucindaF said...

I'm wondering what a bank teller would do if you went through the drive through with Z in the car?
Some banks give out puppy treats. I think they'd have to call the manager and say on their little speakity speaker, uh mam, we're not sure about the puppy treat policy regarding Wooly Mammoths.
And then they would say, could you come back tomorrow? Corporate only works 10am to noon every other day.

But I'm sure you'd get a lollipop. Maybe even mystery flavored.

Valynne said...

I have had dental assistants who are really chatty when my mouth is open and completely incapacitated. I don't like that. I'm happy to have dental work done in silence.

Anne said...

I know just what bank teller you are talking about and when they say how is your day going I want to say something really mean but I don't. Don't forget about Millie's on 21st South!