Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Resolved

Resolved:  Today I will write.

Resolved:  Today I will not open another bag of malted milk eggs.

Resolved:  Today I will limit my consumption of Dr. Pepper and potato chips.

Resolved:  Today I will not quarrel with the Almighty.  (Both of us need a rest.)

Resolved:  Today I will pay lingering bills.

Resolved:  Today I will put on my Big Girl Pants and go to Nordstrom to exchange the sweater my mother bought for me.  (Nordstrom is--I'LL JUST SAY IT--intimidating for girls like me who buy all of their clothes at Target.  Or Old Navy.)

Resolved:  Today I will read instead of just camping out in front of the TV which I have begun to watch indifferently.

Resolved:  Today I will get out in the sun.

Resolved:  Today I will stay (mostly) away from facebook.

Resolved:  Today I will stop pointing out all the ways to myself that I think I have failed.

Resolved:  Today will be a better day than yesterday.  Because I'm gonna make it that way.


5 comments:

radagast said...

Whoa! That's a heap of resolutions. And some of them appear to be at cross-purposes. I want #12 to be true for you, so I would suggest trimming the list to #1 and #11. Maybe combine #1 and #9? Really hoping for #12.

Amelia said...

Cheers to a better day! I think I will resolve that my day will be like this, tomorrow!

Lisa B. said...

I agree with Radagast. Don't resolve too much. Or go ahead! but there's ACTUAL SCIENCE that proves that a person can only resolve so many things at one time! I say focus on #1. And I believe you can do it1

Emily said...

I read: Today I will limit my consumption TO Dr. Pepper and potato chips.

And I'm totally on board with that.

Michelle Renee Stimpson said...

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only person totally intimidated by Nordstrom and for exactly the same reason!