Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Go, Lancers!

I've been tired lately.  And yes.  A little depressed.   So when I looked at my calendar yesterday and remembered I'd agreed to speak to a group of students at Granger High School, I immediately berated myself for saying yes.

Well.

I ended up having SUCH an extraordinarily pleasant experience--one of my best school visits ever.  The students were just so engaged.  So interested.  So nice.  And a lot of them had even read the book we were discussing--THE LOSER'S GUIDE.  I cannot tell you how rare it is for students to have read the book you're discussing.

I just want to give those guys and their teachers a great big HUGE shout out for being so terrific.  Thank you.  And thank you again.

4 comments:

radagast said...

Good to know my alma mater can still represent--and cheer a friend.

Anne said...

Ooh, I might just go read it again today because it will make me happy!

Lisa B. said...

I am so cheered by this story. Yay Granger and Yay you!

btw, thrilled to find out this bit of info from radagast. I am assembling a dossier.

Erin said...

That is great. Honestly, during my most grief stricken days, the only thing that got me out of bed was to go teach/coach. If it wasn't for that, I never would have moved.