Friday, September 9, 2016

"Briarton," Part 4

Okay.  Let's see what happens once the butterfly stops fluttering its wings.

"And is my grandson whole?"  [This is Bartholomew Bumbleberry speaking, FYI]

The doctor swallowed and wrung his hands in despair.  "That's exactly what I wanted to tell you.  Your grandson has a hunched back and a twisted leg."

When Paddywise Putnam [that's the doctor's name, FYI] finished his words, the mayor flew into a fit of rage.  Stomping angrily he shook his fists and screamed, "I warned that boy of mine not to marry that fairy-woman!  Everyone knows fairies are not but wild creatures, and I told him that such a match would be disastrous."

Bartholomew Bumbleberry was very upset.

TO BE CONTINUED

Meanwhile, I got nothing to say about this installment.  It pretty much speaks for itself.

1 comment:

radagast said...

Swallowed his hands! Now that's despair. BTW I'm becoming addicted to these installments. I hope there's a whole moldy box of them in the basement.