Wednesday, September 7, 2016

"Briarton," Part 2

You'll recall we left the doctor with cheeks puffed with disgust knocking on the Mayor's door . . .

It was some time before the mayor, Bartholomew Bumbleberry, appeared before the indignant citizens of Briarton.  When he stepped into the sun's rosy rays, it was obvious to all that his sleep had been interrupted as he still wore his striped flannel night shirt and had a pair of spectacles perched absent-mindedly upside down upon his balloon red nose.


"I say," the mayor sputtered while rubbing the sunlight from his eyes.  "What is the meaning of this?  I just barely doze off, the first time I've slept all month, and you come to hound me from my bed."

Bartholomew Bumbleberry was very upset.

TO BE CONTINUED

--Feel free to ask yourself why BB was very upset.
--Also fee fee to ask yourself if you, too, have ever perched your spectacles upside down on your balloon nose.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

If I had to step into the sun's rosy rays so everyone could see my balloon red nose and my striped flannel nightshirt, I'd be very upset too.

Megan Goates said...

I say, tell TRQ thanks for finding these gems.