Monday, September 7, 2015

Where in the world is that text my dad just sent me?

So the Coach called awhile ago.

HIM:   Did you get that text I sent you?

ME:     No!  You sent me a text?

HIM:    I did.  It took me ten minutes to write.

ME:      And somehow I didn't get it!

HIM:     Where did it go?

ME:       To some person who's surprised you're texting them, no doubt.

Then I went on to tell him I once sent a text to a son with whom I'd had words.  It was an apology text.  And it simply said.  "I love you, dude."

I received a response immediately.  It said, "Thank you.  I love you, too.  Although I have absolutely no idea who you are."

Maybe my dad sent his text to that guy, as well?


2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

This story is the stuff of NIGHTMARES. But also funny.

CSIowa said...

I once received a text from my babysitter detailing in three full messages what a horrible parent I was because my 6-year-old had a meltdown. She had clearly intended it for her husband. I imagined her face when she realized where it actually went and decided that the act was its own revenge. Also, she now has children of her own.