Friday, September 11, 2015

One thing that has never happened to me . . .

This morning when I was outside chatting with Kathy's beautiful daughters, their mother (that would be Kathy) stepped outside in her Sunday best.  Without a break in the conversation, the daughters immediately surrounded their mother and engaged in a little social grooming, i.e. checking for lint and stray hairs and so forth.

Here's the thing about being the mother of sons.  Something like that would never--and I do mean NEVER--happen in our family.  And it was in that moment I realized I have probably been leaving the house for lo these many years, covered with stuff.

And also with my skirt on backwards.

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

'skirt on backwards' = hahahahahahah which I only say because once I was halfway through my workout when I realized that my pants were on inside out. Literally!

Megan Goates said...

As a fellow mother of exclusively sons, I have to say it would be weird if my kids groomed me. I'm good with a hug or a fist bump or an eye roll as one does when one leaves the house each day for eighth grade.

Paige said...

I remember Sister Beck giving a talk and opening by saying that she had two different shoes on and just realized it as she was sitting on the stand. Does she have daughters? I think so. And one of them would have said something to her about it, I'm sure. I'm wondering if my boys would tell me if I had something in my teeth? My youngest boy would for sure but he's four and that's the kind of thing little kids shout to the world.