Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The way some mothers say things

I think I've mentioned here before that TRQ, one of the brightest women I know, sometimes processes things sideways.  Like, words go in her ears and then ride the twilt-a-whirl in her brain for awhile, after which they stagger out of her mouth feeling not quite like themselves.  Example.  Once my dad handed her a map and told her to look for a street named "Owensmouth."  And eventually she smacked him on the side of the head with said map and told him there was no street in America, let alone Southern California, named "Oscarsjaw."

Anyway.  I mentioned this to a friend over breakfast yesterday, and she burst out laughing.  "My mom does the exact same thing.  She always refers to the arches in her feet as crotches."

Your assignment today?  Have fun thinking about THAT.  And you're welcome.


2 comments:

James said...

My son called his Sperry Top Siders his Jerry Spider Tops. That got into my head, and now I call them that too. I am not sure, however, that I will adopt "Foot Crotches" however. Great blog entry.

Emma said...

Thanks for the gut busting laugh!