Monday, May 21, 2012

All my worlds are disappearing


Because I love vintage toys,  I have enjoyed the doll shows that come through Salt Lake twice a year.  But there are fewer and fewer exhibitors now, and the show this past Saturday was the grimmest affair yet.  I complained to Ken bitterly.  "All my worlds--books, newspapers, magazines--are shrinking."  So you can imagine my DESPAIR!!!!! when I read a report this morning stating that soda sales are going down.

You know what this means, of course.  Eventually I won't be able to find my necessary cans of Dr. Pepper, except out of some speciality crackpot catalog like the Vermont Country Store (from which we bought an awesome aluminum Christmas tree last December).  Already I feel sort of like a smoker who's forced to smoke 25 feet away from public buildings just because I like soda!  with sugar!  Seriously, America, just strap some bells around my neck and shout "unclean" whenever I walk out of 7-11 with a can in hand.   Go ahead.  Heap shame on my head.

 I don't care.  (She says defiantly.  Between sips.)

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I will be right there with you at that 7ELEVEN, eating carbs. POTATO CHIPS 4EVER!!!!!

Jeanna said...

You know what this means, don't you? You need to start building up your one-year supply for when the Dr. Pepper famine comes. Of course, you'll probably actually need something more like a 50-year supply. So you should really get started soon; it's gonna take a while.

Unknown said...

Hey, love, your advice about raising boys is featured on my newest post!

http://comingofageinthemiddle.blogspot.com/2012/05/know-thyself-and-nothing-too-much.html