Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's amazing she doesn't weigh a ton--literally

So here's the thing about the Rodeo Queen (aka my mother). For most of her life she was a willowy, lissome lass. In spite of the fact she pounded back Hershey Bars and glasses of milk all the live long day like Snooki tucking into another margarita. She still loves to snack, which is why she had the following items in the car when she picked me up monday morning.

1. Hummus
2. Flatbread
3. Little sandwiches with cream cheese filling
4. Several boxes of Coffee Nips
5. Sees suckers in a HUGE plastic bag.
6. Multi-grain chips. Because you know. Multi-grain crap is good for you.
7. Lots of diet Cokes and (because she loves me) many Dr. Peppers. Cold. In a can. Shaken. Not stirred.

However, we made three stops before reaching Evanston (which is only an hour or so from Salt Lake) to buy more snacks so we could "keep our strength up." This is what we bought.

1. Corn nuts (ranch-flavored)
2. Dots (the last time I ate Dots was at a movie at the Academy Theater in Provo. I believe the years was 1965.)
3. Wasabi-flavored almonds
4. Farr's cherry mound
5. Farr's huckleberry mound (so we don't get in a rut with the cherry mound)
6. Peanut M & M's
7. Regular M & M's

Also, before we got out of Salt Lake we went through a drive-through and purchased smoothies.

I love my mother. So much.

8 comments:

Lisa B. said...

AWESOME. Driving without snacks is, like, a human rights violation or something. I like knowing that your mom cares about the human rights of snacking.

Rachel said...

I want to go on a road trip with your mother. Or maybe just take this list with me to the store before a trip.

LucindaF said...

I think I love your mother. (aka The Rodeo Queen.)

wjmom said...

Your mother would get along great with my dad. Wait--skip that. I know she would get along great with me!

Jenny said...

Sounds like my mother! She always has food in her purse and in the car (glove compartment and trunk) "just in case."

Sara Z. said...

It is VERY IMPORTANT to keep your strength up! You never know what you'll be up against when you cross that border into WY.

Donna Tagliaferri said...

I love your mother too! I am dying to go on a road trip with the 2 of you...road trips are my specialty...I am always in charge of entertainment. And I am fabulous.

Just saying....

tell me when to be ready..

Just saying

Ashley said...

Wow! I like the way you guys roll... can I come next time? Ha!