Friday, August 13, 2010

fancy digs!

So Ken and I are staying up here at a tres fancy schmancy lodge in Deer Valley for his firm outing, and all I can say is that it's kind of weird to be lounging about in a room where the toilet costs more than ALL the fixtures in your own house combined. The bathtub is the most amazing bathtub ever. You know how bathtubs are in cheap motels (where I usually stay)--they're all super uncomfortable, designed so that you absolutely WILL NOT FALL ASLEEP IN THE BATH no matter what because that could be a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

But THIS bathtub is all long and luxurious. You can practically lie prone in it and feel comfortable. So I did that. I practically lay prone. And then I crossed my hands over my chest and closed my eyes and told my husband to come take a look at the mummy (moi) in a sarcophagus. A sarcophagus in the shape of a long and luxurious bathtub.

Also! I went up in a hot air balloon just like Dorothy and Toto! Like I always say, "To Kansas and beyond!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a shower girl, and I have to say shower heads in cheap motels either skin you alive or dribble so weakly that you haven't enough H2O to work up a lather.

The sarcophagus sounds luxurious ... I think.

P.S. Before wishing you a good time, could I ask if the blogged rumors are true and DNews is laying off 50% of their employees? If that is even remotely true, I pray that your name isn't on that list.

Tiffany said...

You're a funny mummy, that's for sure. Nice hotel rooms are a curse--they make all other rooms (including the ones in my house) seem so awful.

And the hot air balloon ride? Did you love it? I've only been once, but loved it!

Randi said...

Note to self: don't read Mom's blog posts when she makes reference to her in a bathtub calling Dad into the room...