Thursday, March 11, 2010

Making a commitment here

I'm going to write 1000 words a day come hell or high water on this novel I just started. Even on Saturday. Possibly on Sunday. Writing every day keeps me connected to the thing, whereas a day off sends me floundering and it's Wednesday before I know what I'm doing again.

Here's the deal. If I write 1000 words a day, in 30 days I will have 30,000 words. And THAT, my friends, is a novel. A messy one, yeah. But that's what re-writing's for.

I just finished my 1000 for the day. Toward the end I was crawling, snail-like, to the finish line panting for water. But yay! I did it!

5 comments:

Lisa B. said...

YOU ARE A ROCK STAR.

It must be said. In fact,

YOU ARE A ROCK AND ROLL STAR.

It must be said twice.

wjmom said...

Great job! Look out, world. Ann's coming back yet again!

LucindaF said...

You can so do this.
xoxox

SWILUA said...

ooo. I like it. I want in, too. we can harass eachother or something.

Tiffany said...

Is that how you do it? Brilliant. Way to go!