Thursday, January 28, 2010

in medias res

so some days i wear red lipstick. which OF COURSE makes me look EXACTLY like christina aguilera. in fact, there i'll be shopping for produce in the produce section at my smiths. and suddenly people are saying look! it's x-tina! Hey, x-tina! can we have your autograph?

anyway. i started putting on my red lipstick este manana. which is NOT a job that requires two hands. it does, however, require your dominant hand. otherwise, it looks like someone has been coloring outside the lines on your lips.

halfway through i looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and went oh wow. this isn't working.

meanwhile no one looked up from a vegetable bin in smiths and called me x-tina today.

5 comments:

Lisa B. said...

ha! great title.

I think this post calls for a drawing. Of xtina and also of your lipstick job. When you illustrate your tiny book of tiny essays, I mean.

LucindaF said...

Yes, Lisa, and we should call this tiny book of tiny essays, "Drawing Outside of the Lines."

Maybe someone was going to call you Xtina, but that you had actual food in your cart threw them off.

Louise Plummer said...

Are you a platinum blonde now?

Randi said...

This could be a Deseret article :)

donnette perkins said...

Once someone thought I was Phyllis from The Office...