Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wishing I could violate my own rule

I have a few rules of conduct I try to follow as a writer. One of them involves not getting into shouting matches with column readers whom I've annoyed . . .

Anyway. I just read a letter to an editor stating that if Ann Cannon wants to dump on TWILIGHT, she should actually read the book first and not just blog stalk for her 411.

Okay. I want to get in my car, drive to this person's house, possibly pull her hair (girl fight! girl fight!) and say "I read it! Give me credit! In fact, give me EXTRA CREDIT!!!!!"

Only I won't. Because I'm a professional. And also I don't know where she lives.

6 comments:

SWILUA said...

haha! much cooler than the last public fight I got into. which was about grammar. which is just sooooo cool. (heh.)

Louise Plummer said...

What would LaVell do?

Lisa B. said...

Well! I cannot sanction violence but I do think this young person (I assume it is a young person, but I suppose I could be wrong) needs to be corrected. How can it be right for this misinformation to circulate out there, crying out for justice? How, I ask you?

(word verification: bulla. Somehow, it seems appropriate.)

Bryan Wilde said...

You know you are messing with "reality" for many women when you take a shot at Edward. I checked out the official Twilight Forum months ago and found a string of posts with questions like this: "Would you leave your husband if you knew you could have Edward Cullen for the rest of your life?" You wouldn't believe the number of women who are so unhappy in their current marriages and would jump in an instant. I think we like "cyber reality" better than actual life because we can make it out to be anything we want. But to quote one of my favorites: "Dude! You're not real!"

I absolutely loved the column. The whole world could benefit from a healthy, real-life dose of Ann Cannon once a week.

Randi said...

I wrote it. You know where I live. Bring it.

-Alec Cannon
President of the "Male State of Utah Employees in Love with Edward Cullen Club"

BBB said...

When you do find out where this person lives, or better yet if they come find you at a reading, signing, or at work. Make sure to have one of your sons along with a video camera so we can watch it later on You Tube while eating popcorn.