Sunday, November 9, 2008

Book Talks, Baby!

WHAT I'M READING NOW: Carol Lynch Williams' new novel PRETTY LIKE US--a story about a shy girl who befriends a new student at school suffering from that disease that makes you age (can't remember what it's called and I'm too lazy to get out of bed right now to grab the book). Anyway. It's one of the better things I've read lately. The writing is gorgeous and the characters are completely memorable. I love the book's southern setting, too.

WHAT I'M READING NEXT: Emily Wing Smith's debut novel THE WAY HE LIVED. Emily is having a reading and signing at The King's English tomorrow (Monday, November 10) at 7:00. This book is getting all kinds of good buzz and I'm excited to read it. (On a personal note, I knew Emily's dad in high school. HER DAD. We took Spanish together, along with picture book writer Rick Walton. Dude. I feel old. But really, really happy for Emily.)

No comments: