Sunday, June 7, 2020

Rain, Rain

I've thought about taking down my last few posts. As I mentioned before, with everything that's going on in the world right now, writing about the personal experience I'm having just seems so utterly (I said this before) self-indulgent. And I may still delete them.

But before (and if!) I do, I'd like to write about this weekend's rainstorms because weather drama! Typically, rain is my least favorite weather condition. Dude. I am all about the sun. But right now as I hear it pattering against my bedroom window, and as I stood on my front porch last night just so I could smell it as it rolled in from the west desert, I was filled with surprising gratitude for it and the beauty of the natural world.

Thank you, rain.


4 comments:

Jim said...

"But the rain on the roof sounds so pretty..."-Charlie Robison
"And as I stood on my front porch last night just so I could smell it as it rolled in from the west Desert,"--Ann Cannon

I really enjoyed your post today. I would feel bad if you took down the posts, especially for the reason you stated. The posts are not self-indulgent. They are real. As such, I find them to be beauties from the natural world.

Diane said...

I really enjoy your writing. You are able to say things in a way I can really relate to. Know that you are not the only one fighting the terrible disease of depression. Keep speaking your truth.

Louise Plummer said...

Don't erase any of it.

gigi said...

We need every bit of you. Keep it all.