Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Here

Sitting now in a chair on a deck
in a land far, far away--
(How far, you ask?
Let's just say I can see
a volcano, its cheeks full of smoke,
from my host's front porch)--
I can hear these sounds:
The splash of a courtyard fountain--
The raving of roosters
although dawn is long gone--
The pop pop pop of fireworks nearby--
The banging of hammers
against metal and wood--
The roiling of wind through the trees--
The trill of small birds
hiding in leafy places--
The howls of a mixed dog chorus--
The blurred buenos tardes chanted
through a megaphone in the village below.
What is all of this here, right here,
if not music in the moment?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo this is coco I see this for some reason when searching MHC for my report and also I read wut u think of me πŸ€±πŸ‘ΌπŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜˜

Anonymous said...

Chloe I s here and she is big and has a hot house with a very very very very very very very very very very very very skinny baby

Jim said...

Nice. I think I hear the symphony of the moment.