Saturday, March 19, 2016

De-toxing from the news

I don't know exactly when (or why) I started listening to the news all day, either on the radio or the television.  But by now it's a deeply ingrained habit.  If I don't get the news, I go into caffeine withdrawal and that IS SO NOT FUN.

Anyway.  I've had the TV off for the past few days and guess what.  I feel better now that I don't have to see or hear those mean-hearted smarmy bastards, aka D-Trump or T-Cruz, both of whom make me feel ashamed for us.

I know this state of denial can't last.

But it feels good for now.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ugh. I can't even think about the election without feeling all sorts of anxiety...and when someone excuses Trump by saying "That's just Trump being Trump" or "he says it like it is," I feel the need to breathe in a paper bag/cry.,How are these men the frontrunners? [I'm off to get my paper bag...]

Lisa B. said...

Well done you. I now have a lightning quick trigger finger for turning off talk radio the INSTANT it gets annoying, which can be pretty dang quick these days.