Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Yup. Here's what I don't want for Valentine's Day.

You can read about it here.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking about the valentines from my own elementary school childhood--how I used to scour them for hidden meanings from the boys I liked, not realizing then, of course, that boys weren't into "hidden meanings."  Or at least those kinds of hidden meanings.  "Verbal" is what I'm talking about here.

No.  If the boys in the fifth grade liked you, they just threw chestnuts at your legs when you standing together at the bus stop.

And the confusion just goes on and on . . .

1 comment:

Bob the Woodworker said...

Now I'm hoping that the new black Newfie puppy Ann got for Valentine's was something that she liked and that there are no hidden, non-verbal messages in this present. All of the boys at Provo High liked looking at Ann's legs and there were few who were brave enough by that time in her life to throw chestnuts at them.