Monday, June 15, 2015

MEMO TO SELF: Do not buy pastries at Starbucks

I know.  I've learned this lesson before.  HOWEVER . . .

Because I had so much reading to do today, I slipped away from WIFYR for a couple of hours and set up shop in a nearby Starbucks.  Which meant, of course, that I had to buy something.  So I bought a sugar cookie.

Now I ask you.  How hard is it screw up a sugar cookie?  But guess what.  Starbucks can!  This cookie was not only bad, it was aggressively-in-your-face bad.  It offended me with its badness and as you know, I am not a food snob.  At all.  It's just that I require my food to taste . . . you know . . . LIKE FOOD and not a former shoebox.

Starbucks!  You should be ashamed of yourself for offending me with your alleged cookies!

OK.  Rant over.  In other news, I have an awesome class at WIFYR this year.  Looking forward to tomorrow.


2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Here's a Starbucks pro tip:

1. the bacon-gouda sandwich. it is unfailingly gooooooood.
2. Oatmeal.

I realize that these tips do nothing for you when you need a snack in the afternoon. So here's my last pro tip:

3. The lemon ale Fizzio.

It is choice.

Lauren said...

I second the oatmeal, but just the regular, steel-cut stuff, not their more expensive option that's on the menu. (The steel cut option isn't always listed on the menu.)

Another option: strawberries and creme frappuccino.