Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Now THAT'S an obituary!

Dear Karma,

I am about to make fun of another human being's obituary which means you'll arrange to have someone somewhere make fun of mine.  Maybe even many, many someones will be making fun of mine.  You'll see to it, I know.  And okay fine.  I accept those terms.  Because I cannot let pass what Ken Cannon just read to me from this morning's Trib.

It's all in verse.

Ready?

How does one begin to describe, or pay tribute TO,
a daughter, a sister, a wife and mother, grandma
and great-grandma such as YOU!
Married to Wilford, children they had THREE,
Sadly only one remains, and that one 
would be ME!

There's more.  But you get the idea.  And yeah, now that I think about it, it's awesome to think of a lone surviving child--probs in her seventies--busting out rhymes like Kanye, yo.

Seriously,

Ann Cannon

1 comment:

Dianna said...

That made my day. I'm so glad you shared it.