Thursday, August 28, 2014

Texting

Gah.  I suck at it.

Like, right now I just texted my son and called him "honey," because I always use charming little endearments with my sons.  But somehow it came out "honeypot," and I didn't correct it before it went out over the airwaves.  Or wherever it is that texts go.

And somehow while calling a son "honey" seems ok, calling one a "honeypot" just seems weird.

Why am I texting at all, you ask?

To avoid writing.

I always feel this overwhelming--even crushing--anxiety when I sit down to write.  One I get started I am OK.  Sometimes.  But this anxiety thing is bad right now.  It makes me wonder if there are any writers out there who just enjoy the whole act of writing.  I think my friend Mette Harrison does.  I'm sure there are others.

I just wish this was easier somehow.

No comments: