Friday, June 7, 2013

Appreciating the thing you have right now

I know.  With a headline like that you'd think I was writing sermonettes for the Tabernacle Choir again, which (btw) I did for a number of years.

But that's not the point.

The point is this:  sometimes we realize just how special a situation is while we're still in the moment.  Most of the time this kind of realization comes after things have changed, so when you have those flashes of insight, you cherish them.  Like, I remember back in the day when Stockton and Malone were tearing it up for the Jazz, I did think unto myself, "We lucked out with these guys.  We'll never see anything like this again."  And I was right.

I had one of those moments today.  I was at a TKE staff meeting, and as I looked around I thought about how incredibly lucky I am to know this particular group of people right here, right now.  So glad Betsy Burton made an impromptu job offer to me nearly 25 years ago.

1 comment:

Louise Plummer said...

It's so friendly to be discussing hamburgers at the beginning of summer. Thank you.