Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What Sara said yesterday

Because you know how Sara is. SO savvy. I must needs quote her often.

Anyway, while we were at work yesterday, I received some discouraging news on the family front. Sara was there to hear me take the phone call. And later she said aren't you grateful that we have this? THIS, of course, is the writing part--the thing that you and I do to express and escape and impose order on all manner of unruliness.

Yes. I'm grateful for it. Even when it's frustrating, which it often is. But still.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sorry to hear that you got bad news. I would agree with Sara. Thank goodness for the ability to write and get your emotions out whether it is written in a public forum or private space. I have to say that one of the things that got me through in-vitro was being able to blog about it.

LucindaF said...

I'm sorry. I love you.
Thanks to Sara for being there for you.

wjmom said...

I'm really glad you write.

And I'm especially glad for the category names you give your posts because they are always good for a laugh (although, I admit to being easily entertained).

I'm not going to talk about the snow, either!