Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kelly Marie Wells

My thoughts are with a friend who passed away this week. I used to work with her at the bookstore, and I loved her so much that I named a character in an (unsold) book about her. The following comes from an e-mail sent out by TKE to customers today. I imagine it was written by Betsy or Anne--it does a good job of capturing Kelly's beautiful, fey spirit. RIP, Kelly.


"Kelly Marie Wells, a bookseller at The King's English for several years, passed away on July 5 due to heart failure. She was 29 years old.

"Kelly was brilliant, kind, and utterly besotted by books. Many of you will remember her beauty and her sweetness, but those of you who love books will remember the wide range of her knowledge as well as her absolute passion for good novels - and for anything that was well written.

"During the time she worked for us Kelly had made a splash in the book business nationally, known for her fierce love of fiction and children's literature and for her enthusiasm for the business of books. We at The King's English mourn her passing. We miss Kelly and always will.

"A full obituary and details about the funeral, to be held on Saturday, July 10, in Park City, Utah, appear in the Salt Lake Tribune."

4 comments:

LucindaF said...

29? So sad, Ann. I'm sorry.

wjmom said...

I'm so sorry, Ann.

shelley said...

That was nicely written and does describe Kelly well. I won't be able to go to TKE and not think about her. I think you and I though got to see a bit more of her sense of humor than most others. She will be missed.

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this.