Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I shoulda taken my own advice . . .

Finished a column and sent it off posthaste to the Des News. Didn't let it cool off. Didn't read it aloud. Thought it was fine.
I just now read it to my husband AND IT WAS FULL OF MISTAKES. Okay. I'm embarrassed. And now I have to send the paper a revised revision . . .

On a much happier note, The King's English (fabulous bookstore) is hosting a super event this weekend at the Anderson Branch Library here in Salt Lake. Many muy of our local authors will be there signing their new releases. How's this for a line-up?Shannon Hale, Dean Hale, Nathan Hale, James Dashner, Jessica Day George, Mette Ivie Harrison, Kimberly Heuston, Sara Zarr, and moi.

Join us!

1 comment:

Jewel Allen said...

Ah, the beauty (and horror) of that send button. I have done that a lot of times, when I wish I could un-send something...

I've noticed they don't have the other columnists anymore, like Steve Young's mom. Or am I mistaken and just not finding it elsewhere in the paper??